Handouts for your use
- Head shaping for home
- Positioning with the Shape Right System
- Case Examples and Documentation Tips
- Head Shaping in the Open Crib
- Shaperight Information
- How to use the Shape Right in the open crib - video
- Positioning a baby in the isolette using the Shape Right - video
- Isolette Positioning Instructions
The following are links to articles regarding head shape deformities.
- Pillows, stretches tied to less misshapen kids' heads
- 47% of babies studied have flat spots on heads
- Physical therapy helps premature infants thrive
- Motor development of infants with positional Plagiocephaly. http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/19842852 by E Kennedy � 2009 � Cited by 13 � Related articles Motor development of infants with positional plagiocephaly. Kennedy E, Majnemer A, Farmer JP, Barr RG, Platt RW. Department of Physical Therapy, Montreal�
- Cosmetic and cognitive outcomes of positional Plagiocephaly. http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/23043707, by MF Shamji � 2012 � Cited by 1 � Related articles Oct 6, 2012 � Cosmetic and cognitive�outcomes of positional Plagiocephaly treatment. Shamji MF, Fric-Shamji EC, Merchant P, Vassilyadi M. Division of�
- Neutral head positioning in premature infants for intraventricular. http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/22052118?, National Center for Biotec�by S Malusky � ?2011 � ?Cited by 2 � ?Related articles Neonatal Netw. 2011 Nov-Dec;30(6):381-96. doi: 10.1891/0730-0822.214.171.1241. Neutral head positioning in premature infants for intraventricular hemorrhage�
- Evidence-based care of the child with deformational Plagiocephaly. http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/22920774 by AB Flannery � 2012 � Cited by 1 � Related articles Evidence-based care of the child with deformational plagiocephaly, part II: management. Flannery AB, Looman WS, Kemper K. School of Nursing, University of Kansas�
- Long-term developmental outcomes in patients with deformational. http://pediatrics.aappublications.org/content/105/2/e26.full by RI Miller � 2000 � Cited by 128 � Related Articles Miller Rl, Clarren SK., Center for Human Development and Disability�
- Development at age 36 months in children with deformational Plagiocephaly. Collett BR, Gray KE, Starr JR, Heike CL, Cunningham ML, Speltz ML. http://pediatrics.aappublications.org/content/131/1/e109.full.pdf. Kemper K.Evidence-based care of the child with deformational plagiocephaly, part II.
- The �Epidemic� of Deformational Plagiocephaly and the American. http://www.oandp.org/jpo/library/2004_04S_005.asp > Publications > JPO > 2004 Vol. 16, Num. 4S The �Epidemic� of Deformational Plagiocephaly and the American Academy of Pediatrics� Response. Wendy S. Biggs, MD. Historically, cradleboards and other [PDF].
- Positional Plagiocephaly Treatment at Children�s Hospital Colorado. http://www.childrenscolorado.org/conditions-symptoms/conditions/positional-plagiocephaly Information about positional plagiocephaly, also known as deformational plagiocephaly, a condition in which one side of the back of a baby�s head is flattened.
- Plagiocephaly and brachycephaly in the first two years of life. http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/15466093 by BL Hutchison � 2004 � Cited by 164 � Related articles Plagiocephaly and brachycephaly in the first two years of life: a prospective cohort study. Hutchison BL, Hutchison LA, Thompson JM, Mitchell EA. Department of�
- Neurodevelopmental delays in children with deformational. http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/16404269 by RK Kordestani � 2006 � Cited by 58 � Related articles Neurodevelopmental delays in children with deformational plagiocephaly. Kordestani RK, Patel S, Bard DE, Gurwitch R, Panchal J. Division of Plastic�
- The incidence of positional plagiocephaly: a cohort study. http://pediatrics.aappublications.org/content/early/2013/07/02/peds.2012-3438.abstract by A Mawji � 2013 Jul 8, 2013 � The incidence of positional plagiocephaly: a cohort study. Mawji A, Vollman AR, Hatfield J, McNeil DA, Sauve R. School of Nursing, Faculty of�
- Case-control study of neurodevelopment in deformational plagiocephaly. Speltz ML, Collett BR, Stott-Miller M, Starr JR, Heike http://pediatrics.aappublications.org/content/early/2010/02/15/peds.2009-0052.
- The Vermont Oxford Network: A Community of Practice. http://www.vtoxford.org/about/voncommunityofpractice.pdf ? by JD Horbar � ?2010 � ?Cited by 37 � ?Related articles Abbreviations: CLD, chronic lung disease; IVH, intraventricular hemorrhage; NEC , necrotizing enterocolitis; PVL, periventricular leukomalacia; ROP, retinopathy�
- Decrease in the incidence of intraventricular hemorrhage(IVH). http://integrisok.com/upload/docs/QuestforQuality/IVH%20bundle.pdf afar the introduction of an IVH prevention bundle in the NICU. SusanM Bedwell et Al, Neonatal Services,OU Medical Center, The Children�s Hospital, Oklahoma City, OK.